Rue des Marronniers 14, 1800 Vevey
+41 78 618 91 78
A strong Linux expertise with a strong focus on open source and security. I have 15 years of experience in IT gravitating mainly around system engineering with a touch of team and project management.
I'm helping companies with everything related to Automation, Configuration Management, Orchestration, Dev/NewOps, Infrastructure As Code, System & Cloud Security.
Since March 2019
DevOps Tech Lead - Groupe Mutuel for Keyteo - Martigny (CH)
I'm helping Groupe Mutuel to standardize their application deployment on on prem Kubernetes (PKS) with things like Gitlab CI and Helm.
I'm proposing robust solutions to support their Kubernetes shift with minimal friction.
March 2018 - February 2019
Integration Engineer - Big private bank - Geneva (CH)
For one year I've helped the integration team to streamline, optimise, and automate their application deployments.
- Integration of new technologies like Docker
- Automation of deployments through Puppet and optimisation of existing Puppet manifests
- Standardisation of team wide's Ansible setup with reusable roles
- Advices and testing on their new CloudStack based IaaS platform with TerraGrunt "as code" boilerplates
January 2010 - February 2018
IT Systems Expert - Linux specialist - Kudelski Group - Cheseaux sur Lausanne (CH)
Since January 2010 I've been in charge of the whole Linux infrastructure of the Kudelski Group.
I've completely (re)designed the Linux infrastructure from the ground up to help the group cope with its growth needs.
While in charge of a broad range of critical services going from DNS system to source code management, through global corporate monitoring, public facing email service, Atlassian products, ... I've also been acting as a project manager for any IT project concerning the services under my responsability.
I've also successfully managed long term consultants by integrating them as team members while managing and assigning them their tasks.
- Designed and built a completely automated Linux provisioning infrastructure around Cobbler and Rudder using custom made integration layer
- Design, implementation and management of the configuration management platform based on Rudder and deeply integrated with Git for fast deployment of modifications.
- Design and implementation of cloud agnostic event driven orchestrator and configuration management with SaltStack.
- Handled migration of classic infrastructure to private OpenStack cloud: Redesigned completely, from automated golden image build service, to fully automated infrastructure components and services deployment as Infrastructure As Code with Terraform and SaltStack.
- Integration of specific test workflows under docker, openstack and AWS.
- Design, implementation, and fine tuning of the corporate monitoring solution - Zabbix instance with more than a thousand monitored hosts.
- Design and implementation of a highly secure profile for critical and public facing Linux systems – Grsecurity with RBAC.
- Design and implement internal Geo DNS solution based on open source technologies.
- Design, management and optimization of SCM platforms – Perforce, Git and Subversion.
- Design and implementation of a custom Linux container platform based on OpenVZ.
- In charge of Atlassian Suite products - Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Fisheye - Installation, maintenance, tuning.
- In charge of external services: External mail relays, Public/Private (S)FTP, Web servers, Proxies, ...
- Level III System support for Oracle Middleware teams – System tuning, installation process optimizations - and other various Java applications on different application servers - tomcat, jetty.
- Security clearance to work on isolated and highly critical networks.
- Writing process documentation for delegation, Service manuals, maintaining team internal Wiki.
January – September 2009
Unix/Linux, Backup and Storage Senior Engineer – Technical Project Manager - MTF Quadra - Ecublens (CH)
While I initially joined MTF as a backup and Unix/Linux specialist, I quickly took the opportunity to act as a technical project manager where I led successful storage and backup project deliveries.
- Design and deployment of storage, backup and virtualization solutions at Datacenter level
- Design and deployment of disaster recovery solutions on backup site – FalconStor / Datadomain / Replication
- Storage IBM, Pillar Data, HP, Datadomain / Switchs Brocade, Cisco
- Technical project management:
- Validation of technical designs and requirements
- Contacts, appointments and planning with customers
- Ressources management and projects planning
- Validation and verification of the delivery at customer sites
- Atempo customizations tailored to customer needs - scripting, integration, ...
- Active participation in SUN Partnership:
- Attendance at OpenSolaris booth in Bern OpenExpo 2009
- Presentation of SunRay products at SUN/MTF booth during Geneva Linux Days 2009
March 2008 – December 2008
Senior Customer Support Engineer - ATEMPO - Courtaboeuf (FR)
When working with Atempo, I've been able to help key account customers to fine tune their backup and storage systems to improve their performances and stability.
- Certified « Time Navigator Advanced Administrator » - Customer support on Time Navigator, Live Backup, ADA, DFM
- Key accounts customer pool management: Airbus, Renault, IXIS CIB, APHP, MAE ...
- Help deploying software suites and problem solving
- Help configuring and tuning, network and infrastructure elements, SAN fabrics, NAS ...
- System tuning – Linux, Unix, Windows
- Performances analysis, improvements and optimizations proposal
- Bugs reporting and management
- Communication with marketing, development teams, and customer care
- Deployment of test platforms and proof of concepts, Virtual machines (ESX server), Celerra emulators ...
August 2006 - February 2008
System and Network Engineer - WEBRASKA - Maisons Laffitte (FR)
I've been in charge of the maintenance and optimization of a high traffic, high availability off-board GPS Navigation platform, providing international level III support for customers like Orange, Vodafone, Swisscom, Yahoo! ... aswell as deploying the said platform on some of our customer's premises.
- Administration, installation, monitoring and maintenance of more than 250 RHEL 4/5 servers and 50 network elements in production environment.
- Design and implementation of high availability clusters: Redundancy, Load balancing software and hardware - Heartbeat, IPVS, Cisco CSS
- Design and implementation of a highly efficient custom made Linux container platform based on Linux Vservers
- Design and implementation of new virtualization platform - Xen on CentOS 5
- Monitoring customization and optimization - Nagios with custom plugins, Cacti
- Customization of Red Hat kickstart for faster profile deployments - Custom dynamic Kickstart written in PHP
- Deployment and fine tuning of Tomcat application servers - Both as Web frontend or backend
- Performances benchmarks for constant optimizations and fine tuning of OS and network stack
- Redaction of technical documentations dedicated to customers
- Very high focus on custom opensource solutions
June 2005 - July 2006
Team Manager – Level II Network Technician - STERIA / ORANGE - Lyon/Montrouge/L’isle d’Abeau (FR)
I joined Steria in 2005 as a network technician on a long mission of client OS migration for Orange France where I quickly jumped on a management position where I've been responsible to recruit, train and assign a team of 5 members.
- Orange customer site migrations - around 200 computers per site
- Complete inventory on site
- Preparation of Linux Thin Clients deployment - Packaging RPMs, Boot PXE server, kickstart
- Stock management
- Custom XP image for non thin client from Win NT/2000
2003 – 2005 (24 months)
System and Network Administrator - CARTOCAD - Villeurbanne (FR)
(Alternating CESI formation - Working at 80%)
When I joined Cartocad, I've been given the chance to prove myself, and I did so by constantly proposing new solutions, especially by leveraging Linux as a dedicated solution to replace some of the proprietary products currently deployed for our customers.
- Complete management of customers infrastructures - Mostly SMBs - from network elements, to backup systems, through OS management, Softwares, ...
- Deployment of CAO hardware - workstations, plotters
- Proof of concept and proposal of using custom made Linux appliances based on Debian and Slackware
- Custom made firewalls/routers
- SMTP Gateways
- AD replacement
- Creation of a Slackware based LiveCD for maintenance tasks that became the official tool of the support team.
- Customers training - CAO: Autodesk products; Desktop: OpenOffice, MS Office; Graphism: Photoshop, The Gimp;
Trainings & certifications
- SaltStack Certified Engineer - ID: 953F8A62 - August 2017
- SaltStack Admin I & II trainings - November 2016
- Elastic search Core training - October 2014
- PostgreSQL 9 immersion course with 2ndQuadrant - February 2014
- Zabbix 2.0 certified specialist & Zabbix 2.0 for large environments - February 2013
- Partnership training on SUN hardware products and Solaris - 2009
- Certified Time Navigator Advanced Administrator - 2008
- VMDSA VMWare ESX 3.5 basic and advanced courses - 2008
- English course in London at the Language Hall institute in October 2006
- Born the 23.01.1983, French nationality with C permit, Married, Driver license
- French: Mother tongue; English: Fluent
Active contributor of various open source projects:
Personal Git server:
2003 - 2005
Superior Technician in Network Administration diploma (Alterning Work, Equivalent french BTS) - CESI - Lyon (69)
French Baccalauréat STI – Mechanical Engineering - Lycée Boissy d'Anglas - Annonay (07)